How Sweet It Is
“Dream your dream, point your arrow, and go” states Jane about building the Nectar Yoga community. “Believe in something bigger than yourself on this planet. Surround yourself with inspiring people. But, most importantly, gather people who want to be of service to each other.”
Nectar Yoga has gone through a number of evolutions to become the thriving company we are today! We survived COVID and have refined ourselves over and again.
Having taught around the globe, Bahneman developed an eye for what a yoga studio might be like if it dropped the pretense, tended to the details, and created a fun, welcoming environment for all. Folks need not worry if they are new or uncertain; seasoned practitioners and newbies are valued equally; experienced teachers sit with their students, they do not stand above them. Clients are greeted by name, and the tradition of this ancient practice is maintained in a relaxed setting.
This is where building true connection is our deepest core value. The difference here cannot be explained, it must be felt – and we invite you to experience it for yourself!
In a noisy world, we choose to stay simple.
And more than just a yoga studio, our members create a powerful community.
The benefits of yoga are well-known. So why aren’t folks taking advantage of something that requires only bare feet and a mat? Maybe because “yoga” can feel exclusive, even daunting. In response, Nectar Yoga embodies friendliness, simplicity and a down-to-Earth spirit.
Jane’s formal education includes an MS from Illinois State University and a BS from Canisius College in her hometown of Buffalo, NY.
Jane is a Subject Matter Expert, and has served on the Industry Advisory Panel, for the American Council On Exercise and sits on the Advisory Council for the Fitness Business Association. She has served in roles in the fitness and wellness industry for over two decades to include leadership positions at Georgetown University, the University of Virginia, and CENTERS LLC and continues to consult across the industry. Jane has developed yoga programs for military and first responders, Special Operations Units, elite college athletes, pro athletes and private companies.
Her industry certifications include:
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500
- Yoga Alliance R-PYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher)
- Trained Doula (labor and birth assistant)
- Certified Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Instructor
- American College of Sports Medicine, Certified Exercise Physiologist
- American Council On Exercise, Certified Health Coach
- American Council On Exercise, Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- National Academy of Sports Medicine, Certified Personal Trainer and Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Jane has 20 years of extensive yoga education behind her including vinyasa yoga, hatha yoga, Ashtanga yoga, yin yoga, restorative yoga, prenatal / postnatal yoga, trauma-informed yoga, and more. She has taught as teacher training faculty across the globe.
Nectar is a sole, woman-owned business. Jane directs studio operations, and is steering Nectar Yoga’s course into the future.
To get to know Jane, please visit www.janebahneman.com. You can also keep up with her on Facebook or Instagram @janebahneman.